Aware of the impact of technology on the earth and the people who occupy it, our technology department is striving to make ethical technology purchases for the 2,000+ members of our community. In addition to sustainable IT practices, we support faculty, staff, and students in utilizing technology tools in ways that are driven by purpose, used with intention, and aligned with ECFS's ethical imperative.
- Equity of Digital Access initiative to provide Form III and Form IV students financial aid funds to buy personal devices.
- Data collection at Ethical Culture to better understand how 1:1 programs support progressive education and to measure screen time for children in 4th grade.
- Ethical.tech blog shares our efforts to support human rights throughout the supply chain.
- The Restart Center, a student-led repair tutoring center in the upper school that helps reduce the waste stream of personal devices by teaching students how to repair damaged personal devices. Recently, a middle school Restart Center was launched.
- ECFS is a founding member of Electronics Watch, an international monitoring organization dedicated to the rights of electronics workers.
The ECFS Technology Team
Jeannie Crowley, Director of Technology
Rene Ayala, Technology Support SpecialistVasil Beury, Associate Director of Technology for Data Systems
Anthony Bruno, Network Security Engineer
Kim Deveaux, Academic Technology Integrator (Ethical Culture)
Kenny Graves, Academic Technology Integrator (Fieldston Upper)
Emin Kaunis, Senior Technology Support Specialist (Fieldston Upper)
Jay McKay, Technology Support Specialist (Ethical Culture)
Chris Mulios, Associate Director of Technology for IT
Diana Potts, Academic Technology Integrator (Fieldston Lower)
Ted Raymond, Technology Support Specialist (Fieldston Lower)
Ingrid Sabogal, Academic Technology Integrator (Fieldston Middle)Rich Warfield, Associate Director of Technology for Network Services
Student Technology Leadership
Daniel Levi-Minzi '17, Secretary of Technology, Chair of STAC
Student Technology Advisory Committee (STAC)
Samuel Caplan '19
Miranda Stone '18