Campus Renovation Projects
- Fieldston Lower Renovation and Addition
Designed by FXFOWLE Architects; the construction manager is Shawmut Design and Construction.
A renovation and addition to Fieldston Lower in Riverdale is currently under way. This project includes three phases: phase one consists of a renovation to the existing third floor and several other rooms throughout the building; phase two includes addition of classrooms and restrooms on what was previously a flat roof; and phase three includes interior work on the third floor, as well as replacement of the roof on the existing third floor. Phase one is complete, phase two is under way and expected to be finished in February, and phase three will occur during summer 2017. Construction work is scheduled throughout the week and weekend in order to accomplish the project in an expeditious manner while maintaining the safety of our students and faculty. Demolition and construction work generally take place during the day and into the early evening, with several periods where work may take place until 10 pm, as per permits approved by the NYC Department of Buildings. Efforts have been made to minimize the disruption to our neighbors on Greystone Avenue and the surrounding areas. Dust and noise remediation practices are always in place when work is in progress.
Latest Project News*
- With the steel structure of the third-floor addition coming to a close, the project will shift focus to installing sheet metal, electrical, aluminum and windows, and drywall and painting the space.
- The passenger elevator, including testing and permitting, is expected to be complete by the beginning of February.
- Fixtures, accessories, ceiling baffles, and interior glass are expected to be complete by mid-February.
- Fire alarm and HVAC programming and testing will occur toward the end of January into the beginning of February.
- In mid-February, the scaffolding surrounding the building will be disassembled.
*As of January 9, 2017
JOIN OUR Mailing ListKeep up-to-date with the latest developments. Join our mailing list here.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (718) 329-7039.